- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Repeat broadcasts of Sharknado 2 have already more than doubled premiere viewership, and it hasn’t even been a week. The latest overzealous press release from the cable network has the weekend’s three additional airings of the campy sequel fetching another 5.6 million viewers.
Throw that on top of the record-breaking 3.9 million viewers from last Wednesday’s premiere and the film totals 9.5 million viewers over just a few days. That’s as much as the original Sharnado grossed over six airings last summer. And that doesn’t even count time-shifting
Sharknado 2‘s biggest rebroadcast was Saturday night (2.3 million viewers). It topped every Sharknado telecast last summer and helped drive 2 million viewers viewers to original Sharktopus vs Pteracuda.
Sharknado 3 doesn’t arrive until 2015, but those still hungry for more of the second can take comfort in knowing several more encores are on deck.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day