- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The premise is pretty much what you’d expect: Los Angeles gets hit by a tornado filled with sharks, who pummel and attack innocent bystanders. (Well, wouldn’t you be angry if you got swept up in a massive tornado, spun around at hundreds of miles per hour and then flung to the ground?)
In the movie, Reid and Ziering play ex-spouses named April and the appropriately monikered Fin. He’s a bar owner who sets out to save his ex-wife and their kids once the storm hits.
The script was rich with dialogue that could only be described as (intentionally?) hilarious … or groan-inducing. Here are five of the most memorable lines from the movie:
1. “Looks like it’s that time of the month” — spoken after a shark attacks a man in a house, which then becomes flooded with bloody water.
2. “Need a lift?” — Fin to a busload of school kids after he rappels down a rope to rescue them.
3. “They took my grandfather. So I really hate sharks.” — Nova (Cassie Scerbo), explaining why she, um, really hates sharks.
4. “That pet store’s got everything we need. Except for piranhas.”
5. “Sharks in a tornado. Sharknado. Simply stunning.”
Watch the trailer for the movie below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day