- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sharyl Attkisson is out at CBS News. The investigative correspondent and occasional pinch hitter on CBS Evening News has resigned.
The longtime veteran of the broadcast network announced her departure on Twitter Monday afternoon, releasing a more complete statement through CBS. “It’s been one of life’s great privileges to work at CBS News and I’m sincerely grateful for the many opportunities I’ve had,” said Attkisson.
CBS News confirmed the departure with its own statement. “CBS News veteran Sharyl Attkisson is leaving the news division to pursue other endeavors,” said spokesperson Sonya McNair. “We appreciate her many contributions and we wish her well.”
A winner of several Emmys, Attkisson’s investigate work has appeared on CBS News since the 1990s.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
This Is Going to Hurt
Kit Connor, Kate Winslet Among Winners of Royal Television Society Program Awards
The Fien Print
‘The Big Door Prize’ Review: Chris O’Dowd in an Apple TV+ Charmer That Stumbles Over Its Ambitions
Jeremy Renner to Make First In-Person Event Appearance Since Snowplow Accident at L.A. Premiere