- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster Shaw Media on Thursday said it will co-produce the homegrown medical procedural Combat Hospital with ABC.
Confirmation of the American deal for the Canadian-U.K. drama means production on the now untitled series from Sienna Films, Artists Studios and Lookout Point can go ahead.
There’s no word on casting. Shaw Media is set to announce Monday a veteran director attached to the Canadian medical drama.
Shaw Media’s cable drama channel Showcase will air the 13-part series about a military medical facility in Afghanistan where doctors and nurses treat coalition troops and Afghan civilians next summer.
ABC and Global Television, Shaw Media’s conventional TV network, earlier collaborated on Rookie Blue, a Canadian cop drama from Entertainment One now in its second season.
Executive producers on the homegrown drama are Julie Sereny and Jennifer Kawaja for Sienna Films; Gub Neal, Justin Thompson-Glover and Patrick Irwin for Artists Studios.
Carrie Stein at 3 Arts Entertainment and Simon Vaughan at Lookout Point are heading up international sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day