- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dave Broome, the executive producer of CW’s Shedding for the Wedding, had some strong words for E! Entertainment’s controversial Bridalplasty.
“I despise Bridalplasty,” said Broome, who created NBC’s hit weight-loss series The Biggest Loser.
“I would never make a show like that,” he said. “I think it’s the wrong approach.”
Broome called Shedding for the Wedding “the anti-Bridalplasty,” adding that his show helps couples lose weight “the right way.”
Bridalplasty has contestants competing for a dream wedding as well as coveted plastic surgery procedures. Contestants are eliminated via wedding-themed challenges while each week one winner gets a surgical procedure from their plastic surgery wish list.
Shedding for the Wedding employs wedding-themed physical challenges. There are personal trainers on the program as well as a wedding planner. The couple that looses the most weight wins a dream wedding.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day