- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sherry Stringfield and Virginia Madsen have been tapped to star in the TNT telefilm Hornet’s Nest.
Based on the novel by Patricia Cornwell, the TV movie will be part of the cable network’s TNT Mystery Movie Nighit and revolve around a serial killer who targets out-of-town businessmen.
Sideways’ Madsen will star as police chief Judy Hammer, with ER‘s Stringfield playing her top deputy, Virginia West, as they team with reporter Andy Brazil (Robbie Amell, Picture This) as they work the case of a serial killer in Charlotte, N.C.
The Good Wife‘s Michael Boatman and ER‘s Michael Silver co-star.
TNT Mystery Movie Night launches Tuesday at 9 p.m. with Scott Turnow’s Innocent, and will feature six movies in November and December before returning in the spring with Hornet’s Nest and three more telepics.
Dee Johnson(Southland, Rizzoli & Isles) adapted Hornet’s Nest, with Jim Head and Cornwell executive producing.
Upcoming original movies include Ricochet (Nov. 30), Hide (Dec. 6), Silent Witness (Dec. 7), Good Morning, Killer (Dec. 13) and Deck the Halls (Dec. 20).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day