- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Prolific producer Shonda Rhimes is adding actress to her already impressive résumé.
The exec producer of ABC’s Thursday-night lineup — Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and rookie How to Get Away With Murder — will guest-star on a season-three episode of Fox’s The Mindy Project, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, Rhimes will make her acting debut in a fall episode of the Mindy Kaling comedy. She’ll play herself on Mindy, with additional plot details — as they would be on Scandal — being kept under wraps. Rhimes is a big fan of the show and its star.
The casting continues Rhimes’ hot streak. In July, she hosted a fundraiser for President Obama; then in May, she inked a new four-year overall deal with ABC Studios. Her third-year drama Scandal also took home a Peabody Award in April. In November, she signed on to write her first memoir. And last July, she reteamed with Grey’s Anatomy producer Mark Gordon to pen the script for feature film War Correspondents for Sony.
Rhimes is repped by ICM Partners.
The Mindy Project returns Sept. 16 at 9:30 p.m. on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day