- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC has given pilot orders to Shonda Rhimes’ period drama Gilded Lillys.
Gilded Lillys, set in 1895, revolves around the opening of the first luxury hotel in New York City and all the intermingling of love, treachery and disdain between the classes set against a backdrop of vicious family rivalries, scandalous secrets and conflict and co-mingling of classes.
The hourlong drama project, from ABC Studios, is written by K.J. Steinberg (Gossip Girl, State of Mind, The Nine) with Rhimes and Shondaland partner Betsy Beers (Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice) on board as nonwriting executive producers.
The project is one of four that Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice and Scandal showrunner Rhimes has in development this season.
Lillysjoins Shawn Ryan’s Last Resort and the untitled Roland Emmerich election drama as drama projects having received pilot orders at ABC so far this year. The network also has picked up Dan Fogelman’s untitled alien family comedy and the Kirstie Alley starrer The Manzanis to pilot.
Rhimes’ Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice will soon be joined by the Kerry Washington D.C.-set political fixer drama when Scandal launches in April.
Rhimes is repped by ICM; Beers is with UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day