- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The prolific showrunner, via her Shondaland production company, has sold Gilded Lillys to ABC.
The period project would be set in 1895 and revolve around the family who owns New York’s first true luxury hotel, the staff who work there and the people who pass through.
The hourlong drama project, from ABC Studios, is written by K.J. Steinberg (Gossip Girl, State of Mind, The Nine) with Rhimes and Shondaland partner Betsy Beers (Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice) on board as nonwriting executive producers.
Gilded Lillys marks Rhimes’ fourth project with ABC: rookie legal drama Scandal is set for midseason; medical dramas Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice return next month for their eighth and fifth seasons, respectively.
Rhimes had three series on the air last season, with jungle medical drama Off the Map failing to earn a second-season pickup.
Rhimes is repped by ICM; Beers is with UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day