- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Shondaland has set up its second sale of the season and first drama.
Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers‘ ABC Studios-based production company has set up an untitled drama about a Bronx convent, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama hails from writer Alison Schapker (Fringe, Brothers and Sisters, Alias) and centers on a group of Catholic nuns fighting the closure of their Bronx-based convent who must suddenly deal with three young novices whose arrival unearths long-buried secrets. The ensemble drama will throw into question everything you think you know about the “Brides of Christ.”
Schapker will pen the script and exec produce alongside Rhimes and Beers.
The untitled drama marks the second sale for Shondaland this development season. The company behind Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How to Get Away With Murder and midseason drama The Catch are also teaming with Trophy Wife alums Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins to develop divorce comedy Splitsville, which is also set up at ABC.
Schapker is repped by WME and Ziffren Brittenham; Rhimes is with ICM Partners; Beers is with UTA and Warren Dern.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day