- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
One person has died and four more were injured Thursday during multiple shootings in the Palms neighborhood of Los Angeles, LAPD officer Jack Richter told The Hollywood Reporter.
The first shooting was reported shortly before 3 p.m. near Woodbine Park, which is located at Vinton Ave. and Woodbine St. Two victims were found on the scene, one of whom was pronounced dead. A third victim was found roughly one block away from the park.
The second shooting was reported minutes later at a 7-Eleven at Overland Ave. and National Blvd., where two victims were found.
Police are seeking a male suspect, possibly driving a light-colored SUV. Palms Elementary School and Palms Middle School, which are both in the area, were temporarily placed on lockdown as a precaution. The lockdown was lifted shortly after 4 p.m., NBC4 Reports.
April 16, 6:56 p.m. Updated to include information about a fourth wounded victim.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day