- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime Networks is deepening its relationship with Amblin Partners, signing a new deal for Amblin Entertainment features, DreamWorks Pictures and Participant Media films.
It’s a significant expansion from the pay cable network and streaming network’s most recent output deal, which was just for DreamWorks‘ titles. The pact will make Showtime the exclusive purveyor of Amblin titles released through December 2021.
“We are delighted to finalize our output deal with Amblin Partners, as we continue to offer DreamWorks Pictures and now Amblin and Participant theatrical films to our subscribers,” said Showtime Networks content acquisition senior vp Kent Sevener. “Coupled with our award-winning series, specials, documentaries and sports offerings, as well as our current supply of theatrical titles, these critically-acclaimed films add incredible value to our programming slate.”
The existing deal, set to expire this year, was for such films as Lincoln, The Help and the upcoming Bridge of Spies. Upcoming titles include The Girl on the Train and Office Christmas Party.
Added Amblin Partners co-CEO Jeff Small, “Showtime has been a terrific partner for many years, and we are thrilled that they will continue to be a home for our pictures for years to come.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day