- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime has renewed Penny Dreadful.
No surprise here, but the horror drama will be officially be back for a third season in 2016. That season will be one episode shy of its current order, with nine episodes planned for year three.
“John Logan’s brilliant writing and this amazingly talented ensemble continue to draw a passionate, global fan base into the meticulously crafted world Penny Dreadful,” said recently elevated Showtime president David Nevins. “Together with our wonderful partners at Sky Atlantic, we’re excited to see what new haunts John and his team have in store for season three.”
Created by Logan, Penny Dreadful stars Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton and Eva Green. It will again film in Dublin, Ireland.
“Penny Dreadful is the perfect fit for Sky Atlantic, truly international in scale and ambition but with a raft of British talent at its core, and filmed in the Republic of Ireland.” said Zaj Bennett, director of co-producer Sky Atlantic. “I’m thrilled to have the series returning to the channel, and to once again be partnering with John Logan and continuing to work with our good friends at Showtime.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day