- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime is expanding its reach to digital streaming service Roku.
Starting today, sample episodes, sneak previews and behind-the-scenes video features from the premium cabler’s freshman comedy House of Lies and returning drama Shameless will be available via a new interactive application on Roku.
Delivered via the Brightcove Video Cloud, Roku subscribers will have access to high-definition offerings from the Don Cheadle and Emmy Rossum programs ahead of their Sunday season premieres.
“The Roku audience is made up of millions of passionate viewers,” said Eric Elia, vp TV solutions at Brightcove. “By integrating with the Roku platform, we are making it easy for programmers like Showtime to reach this audience.”
The Roku application is the latest effort to expand the sampling for House of Lies, which premieres Sunday on Showtime.
The network also made the half-hour premiere episode of the dark comedy about big business consultants available early online via digital platforms including YouTube.
Shameless returns for its second season Sunday at 9 p.m., with House of Lies bowing afterward at 10 p.m. on Showtime.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise