- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ahead of its September bow, Showtime’s Michael Sheen drama Masters of Sex has added to its cast.
Lovely Bones alum Rose McIver has been tapped to recur on the drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Period drama Masters of Sex, which stars Sheen and Lizzy Caplan, revolves around William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the real-life pioneers who explored the science of human sexuality. Their research helped touch off the sexual revolution.
McIver will play Vivian Scully, the daughter to Beau Bridges’ university chancellor Barton Scully.
The drama, based on Thomas Maier‘s Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the Couple Who Taught America How to Love, is being directed by Oscar nominee John Madden (Shakespeare in Love) and begins production in March in New York.
Repped by WME and Magnolia, McIver has credits including the features Light Years and Predicament and a recent episode of CBS’ CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Masters of Sex will premiere Sunday, Sept. 29 at 10 p.m. following Homeland‘s third-season bow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day