- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime’s upcoming drama Ray Donovan has booked a heavy to go head-to-head with Liev Schreiber.
Veteran actor Frank Whaley (Pulp Fiction, Field of Dreams, Stephen King’s Dead Zone) has joined the drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The freshman drama revolves around a professional “fixer” for the rich and famous in Los Angeles — the title character to be played by Schreiber — as he balances his work demands and complex family brought on when his father (played by Jon Voight) is unexpectedly released from prison. Paula Malcomson, Eddie Marsan, Dash Mihok, Katherine Moennig and Pooch Hall co-star.
Whaley will play Van Miller, an FBI agent who is investigating illegal activity in Hollywood, and recur on the series, which bows Sunday, June 30 at 10 p.m.
Repped by APA, Whaley’s credits include roles in features World Trade Center, The Pursuit of Happiness and guest gigs on Blue Bloods, NYC 22 and Alcatraz, among others. He joins the recently cast Brooke Smith (Grey’s Anatomy) who will also recur as the brother and love interest to Ray’s brother Terry (Marsan).
Check out the new trailer for Ray Donovan, below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
William Jackson Harper
Friends: The Reunion