- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Two-time Oscar nominee Jacki Weaver is heading to Boston.
The Silver Linings Playbook Academy Award nominee has booked a starring role in CBS’ family comedy The McCarthys, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The pilot is described as a family comedy about a loud, sports-crazed Boston family, with Weaver playing the mother of the McCarthys, Marjorie. She’s described as loving, exhausted and having no filter who enjoys having her son keep her company when her husband Arthur (Rescue Me‘s Jack McGee) and other kids are off coaching basketball games.
The single-camera vehicle hails from Are You There, Chelsea? writer Brian Gallivan and exec producers Will Gluck and Richie Schwartz.
In addition for her nom for playing the mother in a sports-crazed family in Silver Linings, Weaver also earned a supporting actress mention for her role in 2010’s Animal Kingdom. Should the pilot move to series, the role would mark her first small-screen regular gig. She’s repped by ICM Partners, Elevate and Felker Toczek.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
We Are Lady Parts
Behind The Screen