- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Simon Cowell is getting into the spin of things.
The X Factor and America’s Got Talent executive producer is developing a reality competition series searching for the world’s best DJ.
Cowell’s SYCO Entertainment is partnering with Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith‘s Overbrook Entertainment and Sony Pictures Television to launch the format, which is expected to be shopped internationally and domestically.
“DJ’s are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show,” Cowell said in a statement announcing the news.
The as yet untitled DJ show joins The X Factor, America’s Got Talent, American Inventor, Celebrity Duets Pop Idol — and American Idol — and a slew of other reality competition series that Cowell has had a hand in.
Cowell reacted to the DJ news Wednesday on Twitter, clarifying his role in the potential series.
“Excited to announce new DJ show. I will NOT be judging this show. Excited to be working with @jadapsmith. Stay tuned!” he tweeted.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day