- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Simon Pegg could be heading to cable.
Walking Dead‘s Jon Bernthal is set to star in the period drama as Joe Teague, an ex-Marine-turned-LAPD cop working in an era of rampant police corruption who finds himself at the center of the war between Captain William Parker (Neil McDonough) and mobster Mickey Cohen.
Also cast is former Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia, who will play a former marine who served with Bernthal’s character during WWII and is now a budding lawyer groomed to be a master “fixer” for the mob.
As first reported by TV Line, Pegg — whose credits also include Mission: Impossible — would guest star in the pilot.
Darabont is attached to write and direct the pilot as well as executive produce the period drama alongside The Social Network producer Michael De Luca and Elliot Webb (TallTime Tales). Alissa Phillips (Moneyball) will serve as co-executive producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day