- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox’s The Simpsons is continuing its relationship with Girls.
Days ahead of the broadcast of Girls executive producer Judd Apatow‘s long-lost Simpsons episode — and the season four premiere of the HBO comedy — the Fox animated series has enlisted Lena Dunham for a guest role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Dunham will voice the role of Candace in the season 27 premiere, titled “Every Man’s Dream.” The episode sees Homer diagnosed with narcolepsy — but instead of returning home with his prescription medication — he returns home drunk. He and Marge visit a marriage counselor and have a trial separation, during which Homer begins dating a 20-something. Dunham will voice Homer’s new squeeze.
Apatow’s Simpsons episode — which was written as a spec in 1990 before the prolific producer behind Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared and several feature films — airs on Sunday at 8 p.m. on Fox. Check back later to THR‘s The Live Feed for an interview with Apatow and showrunner Al Jean about the episode.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day