- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the Fox show’s opening Sunday, Bart is seen writing sentences on the chalkboard, as usual. This time, the phrase read: “I will not concede the election till Karl Rove gives me permission.”
On Tuesday, Election Night, Rove appeared on Fox News Channel, where he refused to accept the network’s decision to call Ohio for President Obama. He spent a good half-hour insisting there were too many outstanding votes to make any declarations in the presidential election.
After several minutes, anchors Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly decided she should take a walk to the decision desk to see how confident the network’s experts were in their call. But that wasn’t enough to convince Rove, and yet another decision desk expert was then brought into the studio to take part in what the anchors quipped was becoming a “cage match.”
During Saturday’s SNL on NBC, Mitt Romney (played by Jason Sudeikis) threw Rove (who was claiming Romney can still win Ohio) over the balcony.
MSNBC’s election team also mocked Rove earlier in the week.
Watch the beginning of Sunday’s Simpsons opening below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day