- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Simpsons is about to break bad.
The animated show will replace its normal opening with an homage to AMC’s Breaking Bad in Sunday’s episode.
Marge plays the cook, whipping up blue cupcakes; Homer is Heisenberg (albeit — a much less industrious version than Bryan Cranston’s); and Bart handles distribution, hauling away a briefcase full of the goods.
It’s set to the ’60s song “Crystal Blue Persuasion,” which Breaking Bad masterfully used last year in its mid-season finale during a montage showing Walter White’s drug empire moving like clockwork.
According to the episode’s synopsis, other elements in the episode will be Breaking Bad-themed. Homer must save his marriage after Marge becomes angered by his behavior. (Skyler White, anyone?) Milhouse, meanwhile, attempts to become a Marlon Brando-style bad boy to impress Lisa after viewing A Streetcar Named Desire.
The Simpsons airs Sunday at 8 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day