- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With Mad Men gearing up for its final season, The Simpson is putting its own spin on the AMC hit.
Mad Men is notorious for vague previews that don’t reveal much at all, so The Simpsons took a page out of Matthew Weiner‘s book in a new promo previewing the next episode by not giving much of a hint at all about the actual premise.
Here’s what we do know, if you only watched the promo: Homer tells someone to “Sit down!” Chief Wiggum tells someone “You’re not going anywhere!” Lisa gasps when she opens the closet door. Mr. Burns says “Release the … ” before you get to a shot of Maggie in her crib. Then Moe tells Homer outside his bar, “It’s not what you think … ” You get the hint.
But here’s what the episode, “Days of Future Future,” sequel to season 23’s “Holidays of Future Passed,” is about: Set 30 years in the future, Jenda (voice starring Amy Poehler) is dating a crab-like alien creature and she’s still not getting along with Bart, who is trying to get over his divorce and does it in a Total Recall-type way. Homer has a new clone for every time he dies. Lisa is married to a zombie version of Milhouse, while Bart deals with custody issues with his ex-wife, Jenda.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day