- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sinbad, the comic and actor, has suffered a stroke, his family informed The Hollywood Reporter via Sinbad’s rep.
Born David Adkins, the 64-year-old Michigan-native funnyman has appeared on such TV series as A Different World and The Sinbad Show and in such films as Necessary Roughness, Houseguest, Coneheads and Jingle All the Way.
“It is out of sincere love that we share Sinbad, our beloved husband and father, is recovering from a recent stroke,” reads the family’s statement. “Sinbad is a light source of love and joy for many generations. While he is beginning his road to recovery, we are faithful and optimistic that he will bring laughter into our hearts soon.”
Continues the statement, “Our family thanks you in advance for your love and support and ask for continued prayers for his healing. We also ask that you please respect our privacy during this time.”
Sinbad most recently appeared in the series Rel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day