- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amid the flash and spectacle of Madonna‘s Super Bowl Sunday halftime show, wherein M.I.A. stole the thunder with her middle-finger flipping moment, there was Sketchy Andy, jumping up and down on a very thin rope, among other stunts.
Andy Lewis (stage name: Sketchy Andy) is a star in the sport of slacklining, which involves balancing on a rope made of stretchy nylon material, and, in Lewis’ case, busting a move and doing backflips off it on football’s biggest night alongside one of music’s biggest superstars.
Lewis — a cult star in the sport, also dubbed tricklining — bears a passing resemblance to the similarly curly-locked LMFAO frontman RedFoo, who also performed in the show. He wore a toga (bold!) while the camera captured his crowd-pleasing stunt and Madonna looked on, singing her 2000 hit “Music.”
Check out Lewis’ Super Bowl cameo and slacklining reel below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day