- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sky Deutschland, the German unit of European pay TV giant Sky, is continuing its push into original series with Grenseland, or Der Grenzganger in German, a new Nordic noir drama set in Oslo.
The eight-part thriller stars Kon-Tiki actor Tobias Santelmann as Nikolai Andreassen, a principled cop whose carefully organized world begins to unravel after his testimony leads to the release of a local mafia boss. Ellen Dorrit Petersen co-stars. Megan Gallagher penned the script.
Currently shooting in Norway, Grenseland is a co-production between Sky and Norway’s Monster Scripted, TV 2 und Nice Drama.
“Our audience also loves Scandi Noir stories,” said Frank Jastfelder, director of drama production at Sky Deutschland. “With Grenseland we’ve found an exceptional and highly emotional story.”
Sky Deutschland has recently started pushing into original productions.
Next month, Sky will unveil the first footage of Babylon Berlin, a big-budget German-language period drama that it is co-producing with German public network ARD.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day