- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Featuring former American Idol contestant Katharine McPhee leading an ensemble cast in the story of the making of a Broadway play, the fourth-place network is going all-out to promote the series, releasing a seven-minute extended sneak peek at the series.
In the clip, McPhee and co-stars Debra Messing, Megan Hilty, Jack Davenport and Anjelica Huston (among others) are joined by a “dream team” of writer-producers Neil Meron, Craig Zadan and Steven Spielberg as they discuss the concept for the series.
I’ve had this idea for quite a few years,” Spielberg says. “I’m really interested in what happens backstage. In movies, I know exactly how to put together a story and how to put together a production but for me it’s a complete mystery how they do it in theater.”
Watch the extended preview below as well as clips featuring McPhee introducing her character, Karen Cartwright, and Hilty on Karen’s on-screen competition, Ivy Lynn.
Smash premieres Monday, Feb. 6 at 10 p.m. on NBC. Will you watch?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day