- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When it comes to staging a successful play, Jack Davenport‘s Smash character doesn’t care about your feelings.
Davenport plays Derek Wills, the hotshot director of the Marilyn Monroe theatrical production at the center of the NBC drama whose moral compass doesn’t always point to doing the right thing.
“He’s a creative guy who doesn’t care whose feelings get hurt on the way to realizing his vision,” Davenport says of Derek’s priorities in a clip exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter.
Derek is among those tasked with deciding who is best equipped to star as Marilyn: Katharine McPhee‘s Karen — a naive and morally grounded actress looking for her first big break — or Megan Hilty‘s seasoned Ivy — who’s willing to do almost anything to get the part.
Smash premieres Monday, Feb. 6 at 10 p.m. on NBC. Watch the pilot online starting Monday.
Watch the video above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day