- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Could all of Ivy’s dreams be coming true on NBC’s Smash?
On the NBC drama about the making of a Broadway musical about Marilyn Monroe, Megan Hilty’s Ivy and Katharine McPhee’s Karen are both wooing sleazy director Derek (Jack Davenport) to win the lead role, with both actresses receiving callbacks for the part in Monday’s episode.
In the second hour of the NBC freshman series, Broadway veteran Hilty (Wicked) will cover Carrie Underwood‘s “Crazy Dreams,” and The Hollywood Reporter has the exclusive audio of the track.
STORY: ‘Smash’ EPs on ‘Glee’: ‘The World Is Big Enough for Both These Shows’
Monday’s episode — fittingly titled “Callbacks” — will also feature Karen covering Blondie’s “Call Me” and at least one original song, “The 20th Century Fox Mambo,” from Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman.
PHOTOS: NBC’s ‘Smash’: Who’s Who
Listen to Hilty’s cover below and hit the comments with who you’d like to see get the role. All the music from the episode will be available Monday on iTunes.
Smash airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day