- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Smash may soon need to come with a Rent-like diagram mapping out the love lives of its sprawling cast.
After playwright Julia (Debra Messing) and Michael (Will Chase) shared a not-so-secret kiss, the duo’s chemistry begins to get in the way of the Marilyn Monroe musical at the center of the NBC Broadway drama.
PHOTOS: ‘Smash’ First Look: Ryan Tedder, Katharine McPhee Get ‘Touch’-y
In a clip from Monday’s episode — fittingly titled “Chemistry — Michael has a hard time staying in character as Joe DiMaggio during rehearsals with Megan Hilty‘s Ivy, who either is over-acting as Marilyn or who may have eyes for her new co-star.
Confused yet? Check out the clip, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, to see everyone struggle to get through a reprise of “History Is Made at Night” and preview the chemistry overload coming from friends Julia and Tom (Christian Borle), co-stars Ivy and Michael as well as former adulterers Julia and Michael. Oh, and Ellis (Jaime Cepero) seems to have found a new pal in Anjelica Huston’s Eileen.
Who do you think has the most chemistry? Smash airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on NBC.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day