- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hayes has booked a multiple-episode arc on Season 2 of NBC’s Broadway drama, the network said Monday.
Hayes will play Terrence Falls, a comedic TV and film star who is making his Broadway debut in the musical Liaisons, based on the novel Les Liaisons dangereuses. However, due to a series of comedic circumstances, he becomes a thorn in the side of Megan Hilty‘s Ivy and other characters.
The arc becomes Hayes’ second with NBC for the upcoming season, following a stint on the sophomore comedy Up All Night.
Hayes becomes the latest addition to the ever-expanding Season 2 cast of Smash under new showrunner Josh Safran (Gossip Girl). Broadway player Krysta Rodriguez, Andy Mientus, Jeremy Jordan and Jennifer Hudson have joined the series as the drama undergoes a creative reboot that will see the exits of Season 1 co-stars Brian d’Arcy James (Frank), Jaime Cepero (Ellis), Raza Jaffrey (Dev) and Messing’s former on-screen love interest Will Chase (Michael Swift).
Hayes and Messing co-starred on NBC’s Will & Grace for eight seasons, with Hayes taking home an Emmy, four SAG awards and seven Golden Globe nominations for the role. Hayes also picked up a Tony nomination in 2011 for his Broadway debut for Promises, Promises.
He is repped by WME and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day