- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Smash continues to up the ante for its second season.
The actress, who was discovered working at an ice cream shop when she was cast in the 2007 feature film adaptation, has booked a recurring role on the series, reuniting her with Hairspray producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan.
Details on Golden Globe nominee Blonsky’s role are being kept under wraps, but she will not be playing herself..
She joins season two additions Jeremy Jordan, Jennifer Hudson and Sean Hayes, among others, in Smash‘s swelling cast.
Smash co-star Wes Brown, who plays ensemble member Bobby, first broke the news via Twitter, posting a picture of himself with Blonsky on set.
Blonsky, whose credits also include ABC Family’s Huge, is repped by Innovative Artists and Moses & Singer
Smash returns midseason on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Flight Attendant