- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s Sunday Night Football is poised to become the most-watched Sunday-night program for 15 consecutive weeks.
Sunday night’s matchup between the New England Patriots/Green Bay Packers registered a 15.2 overnight rating (based on time-zone adjusted metered market numbers), a 27% increase year-to-year. When final numbers are in, SNF is expected to easily extend its Sunday-night winning streak.
CBS was a distant second with the two hour finale of Survivor: Nicaragua (which began at approximately 8:30 pm due to football overrun). The finale averaged a 4.1 down 7% versus last December’s Samoa finale.
Fox was third for the night with reruns of its animated comedies averaging a 1.7 (4.2 million viewers) in the 7 pm hour with back-to-back reruns of The Simpsons and gaining viewers throughout the night to peak in the 10 pm hour with Family Guy (2.3, 4.9 million).
And ABC was an even more distant fourth with a double-bill of Tim Allen’s The Santa Clause 2 and The Santa Clause 3 averaging a 1.8 with 6.1 million viewers from 7-11 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day