- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday Night Live kicked off its season in the midst of Breaking Bad fever – and capitalized on it by recruiting none other than Aaron Paul for its cold open.
Paul played “Jesse from New Mexico” during President Obama’s (Jay Pharoah) address about Obamacare. After receiving some complaints, Obama was thrilled to bring up the young man to talk about his friend who would have benefited from Obamacare.
“I had this friend and he got sick. Like, cancer sick. But because there wasn’t Obamcare, he couldn’t afford treatments. So he was like, backed into a corner,” Paul said.
“And keep in mind — this man was a teacher with a family,” Obama added.
“So, he did what any of us would have done. He started cooking meth. And soon it wasn’t just meth. It was murder. And not regular murder. Like — he blew half a guy’s face off.”
A horrified Obama said, “I think we can wrap this up.”
Paul asked if anyone wanted to know what ultimately happened to his friend — and the entire crowd shouted “no” — a riff on people being worried about Breaking Bad spoilers.
Read more about Paul’s other appearances in the episode here.
Breaking Bad airs its series finale Sunday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on AMC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day