- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Colin Jost and Michael Che on Saturday participated in a remote version of “Weekend Update” in the experimental episode Saturday Night Live at Home, featuring people listening in on Zoom so they would have some reactions. “Telling jokes with nobody just looks like hostage footage,” Che joked.
“On the behalf of all comedians, I want to say thank you,” Jost said of the fact that Joe Biden will presumably be the Democratic nominee. He explained that between Biden and Donald Trump, there would be plenty of comedic material for the next four years.
“Tuesday was National Beer Day, which was the first time alcohol has ever helped me remember what day it is,” Jost said.
“I had to turn down the ethnic slurs after I discovered that everything we need to survive the virus is made in China,” he later said when Jost pointed out that the president had stopped calling it “the Chinese coronavirus.”
“All Americans can agree on one thing: Carole Baskin definitely fed her husband to those tigers,” Baldwin’s Trump declared in reference to the popular Netflix docuseries Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day