- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The comedian and former SNL castmember will be back at Studio 8H to host the Nov. 1 episode, the show announced Tuesday. Rock was part of the main ensemble for three seasons, from 1990 to 1993.
Joining him as musical guest will be Prince, who released two albums, Plectrumelectrum and Art Official Age, earlier this month.
— Saturday Night Live (@nbcsnl) October 14, 2014
Rock marks the latest ex-SNL castmember to take hosting duties during the show’s 40th season. Sarah Silverman, who was a main player from 1993 to 1994, and Bill Hader, who left in 2013, have both led episodes. Rock next stars in Top Five, a Toronto title that hits theaters Dec. 5.
Jim Carrey, promoting Dumb and Dumber To, has been set as host for the Oct. 25 episode with musical guest Iggy Azalea.
SNL is produced in association with Broadway Video. Lorne Michaels is creator and executive producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day