- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
You may want to think twice the next time you give Derek Jeter a Twitter shout-out.
This week’s Saturday Night Live cold open parodied a 60 Minutes interview, as Steve Kroft asked President Obama about the struggle with ISIS.
According to Obama, as played by Jay Pharoah, ISIS has a leg up because it is using social media to its advantage. “They can maximize faves as well as RTs — those are retweets,” Obama explained.
Tweets that were supposedly sent by ISIS appeared on the screen, including ones using hashtags to trick people into reading their messages. “We will destroy the infidels #ThankYouJeter,” read one.
Obama also showed a Tinder profile of a hunk who had listed his interest as “DTJ,” or “down to jihad.”
Host Sarah Silverman did not appear in the sketch.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day