- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Perhaps President Obama and new Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell have more in common than anyone realized.
This week’s Saturday Night Live cold open mocked the pair’s proposed bourbon sit-down by showing them sharing drinks and becoming surprisingly close pals.
After a few shots, they team up on a prank call to Hillary Clinton. “You’ve won an all-expenses paid trip to getting whooped in 2016,” McConnell (Taran Killam), says over the phone as he and Obama (Jay Pharoah) both snicker.
Then, things get emotional when Obama says that daughter Malia thinks McConnell hates her father. “Now you got me crying,” the Senator admits.
However, one person who isn’t thrilled about the new friendship is Michelle Obama. “Is that the presidential medal of freedom on your head?” she asks her hammered husband.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day