- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chloe Fineman dropped by the Weekend Update desk to discuss the upcoming Oscars, which take place Sunday in Los Angeles. Specifically, she talked about “steering wheel acting,” describing the phenomenon as when a woman speaks emotionally while driving.
“Is she laughing or crying?” Jost asked. “Neither; she’s acting!” Fineman exclaimed.
She launched into an impression of Michelle Williams in Fosse/Verdon as well as impressions of Saoirse Ronan, Meryl Streep and Timothée Chalamet in Little Women, which she said had “buggy acting” instead of steering wheel acting.
“Marriage Story taught me a lot about teacup acting,” Fineman said before tackling a Scarlett Johansson impression. “Do you feel like you’re at home, Colin?” she asked, referencing the fact that Jost and Johansson are getting married. She also quoted Big Little Lies while doing a Laura Dern impression.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day