- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hillary Clinton may have a thing or two to learn about social media.
The former secretary of state was portrayed by Kate McKinnon in Saturday Night Live‘s cold open, with Clinton depicted as filming video of herself to prepare to announce her presidential campaign.
When one clip of hers didn’t turn out so well, her adviser recommends that she delete it from her phone. “I know a thing of two about that, right?” Clinton quips, referring to her recent email scandal.
Clinton had a tough time keeping a straight face when she mentioned that would face tough competition from other Democratic challengers, including former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley. “He sounds like a Simpsons character,” she cracked.
Bill Clinton (Darrell Hammond) also stopped by, where he commented on the fact that phones now take video: “If they could do that in the ’90s, I’d be in jail.”
Host Taraji P. Henson did not appear in the sketch. The video can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day