- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The sketch spoofed the Game of Thrones prequels (called “successor shows” by author George R. R. Martin). So far, at least five projects have been announced, but one project was discontinued as of last June. David Benioff and Dan Weiss, the co-creators of Game of Thrones, will serve as executive producers on the prequels.
Spinoff parodies included “GOT: SVU,” a mashup of Game of Thrones and Law & Order: SVU. Actual SVU stars Ice-T and Mariska Hargitay made cameos; the fake show was produced by “Dire Wolf” instead of Dick Wolf.
In another spoof called “Castle Black,” Heidi Gardner starred as a White Walker having relationship drama with Kit Harington’s Jon Snow. There was also a Daria parody called “Arya,” centered on the youngest Stark daughter. Characters Sam and Gilly were the focus of a King of Queens spoof called “The Queen of Kings Landing.”
Faux crossovers included “Wildling Out,” “Cersei and the City” and “The Marvelous Mrs. Melisandre.” There were also HBO Kids programs like “Dire Guys,” about direwolves, and “Hodor’s House.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day