- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Momoa reprised his Game of Thrones character Khal Drogo in a Saturday Night Live talk show parody called “Khal Drogo’s Ghost Dojo,” in which deceased characters from the hit HBO drama showed up to talk to Drogo and host Kenan Thompson.
Beck Bennett appeared as Hodor, while Pete Davidson showed up as the High Sparrow. Even though the character is not dead, Brienne of Tarth was played by Heidi Gardner.
The Thrones-themed talk show also featured fake sponsors like “Little Beard Twisties” in honor of Khal Drogo, an advertisement for the venue where “the Red Wedding” occurred and an Elf on a Shelf spoof called “Khal on a Wall.”
Kate McKinnon did a standout impression of Joffrey Baratheon: “You’re just mad that you’re not me,” McKinnon’s Joffrey said. The character also made a reference to viral Dr. Phil guest Danielle Bregoli’s catchphrase, “Cash me outside,” before getting into a fight with Aidy Bryant’s Oleanna.
Kyle Mooney hosted an aftershow for the talk show called Talking Dojo and was stabbed by Momoa, who declared, “No more aftershows!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day