- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I consider this home, and it’s so nice to be home for the holidays,” Wiig told the Studio 8H audience. Wiig added she got employee of the month three times for all her hard work on the sketch show.
Wiig then began singing a nonsensical version of “My Favorite Things” to close out her monologue. Fellow former cast member Maya Rudolph, who played Kamala Harris in the episode’s cold open, joined Wiig on stage to sing her own version. They were then joined by current cast member Kate McKinnon.
Wiig, who appeared on the show from 2005 to 2012, returned to Studio 8H to host SNL for the fourth time, having last appeared for April’s season 45 at-home finale in which the sketch series aired virtually-recorded episodes due to the start of the novel coronavirus pandemic.
The Wonder Woman 1984 star will be joined by musical guest Dua Lipa, who recently was nominated for six Grammy Awards including album of the year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day