- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s Saturday Night Live parodied the recent incident between a White House press intern and CNN’s chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta during the “Weekend Update” segment of the latest edition of the late-night sketch show.
The White House suspended Acosta’s press credentials for what press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders deemed “absolutely unacceptable” conduct in a statement. Following the interaction with the press intern, who tried to take the microphone out of Acosta’s hand during a press conference, an allegedly altered video surfaced that was tweeted out by Sanders.
During “Weekend Update” on Saturday, Cecily Strong appeared as the press intern to aggressively try to take a microphone away from desk co-host Colin Jost.
“My boss said you can’t come to the White House anymore,” she said at one point. When Jost asked why, she responded because he had punched her.
Strong then demanded to roll the tape of the incident, and a heavily edited clip played of her previous interaction with Jost that included a cartoonish punching effect and a cut to over-the-top clips of people falling.
“My boss tweeted it, so it’s real,” Strong said as the intern.
— Saturday Night Live – SNL (@nbcsnl) November 11, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day