- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Peter Dinklage and self-proclaimed Game of Thrones superfan Cecily Strong got together to talk about his Saturday Night Live appearance this weekend, and of course his infamous role as “Tyrone” on her favorite show, Game of Thorns.
She might not have gotten all the details right, but the SNL castmember joined Dinklage to promote his hosting stint on the April 2 edition. They discussed springtime in New York, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and the upcoming season of HBO’s Game of Thrones.
“You know what spring means?” Dinklage asks, turning to the camera. “Summer is coming.”
“You know, my vote is still for winter — I think winter is scarier,” Strong suggests.
After mistaking the room’s window for a movie screen showing Batman v. Superman (they thought it was pretty boring but later adjusted), Strong admits to Dinklage to being “a bit of a nerd.”
“So you play Tyrone on Game of Thorns. How has that been for the past 10 years?” she asks.
In a word? “Wonderful.”
Dinklage, who previously appeared on SNL’s “Weekend Update” with Bobby Moynihan’s Drunk Uncle as Peter Drunklage, returns to host this week’s episode with musical guest Gwen Stefani. He also is set to return as Tyrion Lannister (not Tyrone) in season six of Game of Thrones on April 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day