- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani (Taran Killam) became the hero of Birdman on Saturday Night Live‘s cold open.
The venerable sketch show depicted Giuliani as despondent following his lessened stature since his post-9/11 heyday. In the sketch, Giuliani spoke via his inner monologue, much like Michael Keaton‘s character in the Oscar winner for best picture.
Read more Dakota Johnson Begs Mom to Watch ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ in ‘SNL’ Promo Video
“You were almost president — for a few months in 2007, you were the frontrunner,” Giuliani told himself.
Then, a winged version of Giuliani appeared and encouraged him to create a minor emergency or pull a fire alarm in order to become a hero again. “Save your thank yous for later,” Giuliani told a TV audience as he stepped up to help in the middle of the alarm.
Read more Oscars 2015: Dakota Johnson Kept A Flogger From ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ (Video)
Host Dakota Johnson played a version of Emma Stone character’s from the film. We will post video as soon as it’s available.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day