- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NBC’s 2013-14 development season is in full swing, with the network giving script orders to a brothers comedy and hotel drama.
The untitled brothers effort is a multicamera comedy from Saturday Night Live‘s Seth Meyers and his younger brother, Josh Meyers (Mad TV).
The duo will write and executive produce alongside The Colbert Report‘s Peter Grosz, with SNL‘s Lorne Michaels on board to executive produce the Universal Television project through his Broadway Video shingle.
If ultimately ordered to series, it would join a growing crop of Michaels projects, which includes Up All Night, 30 Rock and Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
Hotel California, from Universal Television, revolves around a high-end Los Angeles hotel and its general manager and permanent resident Jamie Jones, who’s determined to keep the property as “the place to stay” in the city.
Ol Parker, the screenwriter behind The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, will pen the script, with Working Title TV’s Daniel Pipski on board to executive produce.
Parker also wrote and directed the 2005 feature Imagine Me & You.
Seth Meyers is repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Hirsch Wallerstein; Josh Meyers is with the Kohner Agency and Brillstein; and Grosz is at ICM Partners and Brillstein. Parker is with the Knight Hall Agency and Management 360.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day