- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday Night Live is back on Snapchat with a new installment of Beck Bennett and Kyle Mooney’s “Inside SoCal” that takes on President Donald Trump’s travel ban.
“Inside SoCal” is a recurring sketch on SNL that features Bennett and Mooney as San Diego teens who host a public access show. In the latest video, which debuted Tuesday on Snapchat as part of mobile-only series SNL Stories, Mooney’s Todd goes to a local mall to interview residents about their reaction to the travel ban.
Later, Scarlett Johansson, who hosted SNL on March 11, makes an appearance as Lindsay, who in the words of Bennett’s Casey “was, like, the finest girl at our high school.” The short ends with Todd playing Blink-182’s “Dammit” on the guitar as Casey sings along.
Snapchat debuted SNL Stories in February with an exclusive Trump boycott-themed short starring Aidy Bryant and Bennett that was directed by Paul Briganti. The latest installment was helmed by Dave McCary. Additional episodes of SNL Stories will debut on the app during the late-night sketch comedy show’s current season.
SNL returns this week with host Louis C.K. and musical guest The Chainsmokers, kicking off the final four episodes of the season that will broadcast live nationwide for the first time.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day