- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Saturday Night Live’s Weekend Update touched on Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis and recent town hall event, including the moment when Trump claimed he didn’t know what QAnon was to moderator Savannah Guthrie. “I think he’s just never heard the word QAnon out loud before,” Che said.
Mikey Day and Alex Moffat returned to the desk as Eric and Donald Trump Jr. Moffat joked that he had been “super-spreading” his father’s message, while he later drank hand sanitizer. Chloe Fineman showed up as Tiffany Trump.
Weekend Update also took another dig at NBC for agreeing to host Trump’s town hall, which aired opposite Joe Biden’s town hall on ABC.
“NBC held a Town Hall event with President Trump, because what can I say, we have a type,” Che said, and a photo of Trump, Bill Cosby and Matt Lauer appeared behind him.
In the episode’s cold open, a joke compared the NBC town hall to a Trump thirst trap. Earlier in the week, over 100 top showrunners, producers and stars petitioned Comcast and NBCUniversal executives over the decision to air the Trump town hall.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day