- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Snoop Dogg has no plans to watch the Roots remake, and he’s telling his fans to also boycott the show.
The rapper sent out his message over social media on Monday.
“I’m sick of this shit. How the f— are they going to put Roots on, on Memorial Day?” Snoop said in an Instagram video. “They going to just keep beating that shit into our heads about how they did us, huh?”
The History Channel revival is a four-part, eight-hour series that debuts Monday.
Snoop said he has no interest in new shows and movies — specifically mentioning 12 Years a Slave — that “keep showing the abuse we took hundreds and hundreds of years ago.”
“I ain’t watching that shit, and I advise you motherf—ers as real n— like myself; f— them television shows,” Snoop said. “Let’s create our own shit based on today, how we live and how we inspire people today. Black is what’s real. F— that old shit.”
The original series, based on Alex Haley’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, debuted in 1977 on ABC.
A video posted by snoopdogg (@snoopdogg) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day